Thursday, February 27, 2014


Dear Susan and Valerie,
I have been paying my ex-wife alimony for three years and still have 2 more years to go. I have paid like clockwork—on time, no missed payments. A friend told me that my ex is now living with her boyfriend in a nice house near the beach. I am frosted. While she lives like a beach bunny, I work 12 hours a day to make money to send her... and her surfer dude. I feel robbed! Can’t I just stop paying her? That’s what she deserves.
A Very Pissed Off Ex

Dear Very P. Oed Ex,
Take the temperature down a few degrees. Relief may be in sight. There are a few considerations here: some legal and some practical, so try to distinguish between trying to get even and protecting yourself.
First of all, as tempting as it may be to just stop...don’t do it. Big mistake. You can’t stop paying support until there is a court order allowing for it. The law in your state may provide that there is a presumption for a decreased need or no need for support if she’s cohabiting with a boyfriend. You may be in luck! Think about consulting an attorney to explore whether support is likely to be reduced or terminated. However, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to check the facts before you start taking any action, because if your friend is wrong, that could be an expensive and embarrassing error.
Also, think about your wallet. Figure out which would cost more—paying your attorney or paying deductible dollars for two more years. Often decisions boil down to good old fashioned arithmetic. Consider contacting your ex to see if she would like to avoid hassles and if she is willing to simply agree to make a change in support. Point out that the law is in your favor. If you can agree, you’ll both save money and time by avoiding a legal fight. Be sure to memorialize any agreement legally. It doesn’t hurt to try, and maybe the sea air had made her more mellow!


  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Divorce Spells Online USA

  2. I read your post and got it quite informative. I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to. I would like to thanks for sharing this article here.Powerful Spells To Boost Your Business

  3. You can file for a divorce yourself using many of the do-it-yourself divorce kits if there are no children involved, and if the marital property can be divided as both parties would like. If you have children, if one or the other protests the divorce, or if you have a lot of property to divide, you should hire a divorce lawyer. divorce lawyer in London

  4. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Stop Divorce and Create Love In USA

  5. Great Article. Thank you for providing such a unique and valuable information to your readers. I really appreciate your work. Black magic removal spells

  6. I found decent information in your article. I am impressed with how nicely you described this subject, It is a gainful article for us. Thanks for share it. Metairie Divorce Lawyer

  7. I am attracted by the presentation of this article. This information about Find a Sister Wifeis really good. I really appreciate your work. It is a gainful article for us. Keep posting. Thank you.

  8. It is truly a well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so engaged in this material that I couldn’t wait to read. I am impressed with your work and skill. Divorce Spell

  9. I was looking for a Sexual trauma therapist. Recently i am going through a bad day. That's why i was searching for a good Sexual trauma therapist near me. Can anybody help me?

  10. Do you know any midtown mental health counselor near me? Because i need it. Recently i am having some issue. That's why i was looking for a good person who can help me out from this situation.

  11. I found decent information in your article.divorce online I am impressed with how nicely you described this subject, It is a gainful article for us. Thanks for share it.

  12. It's important to remember that other relatives will be affected by your divorce divorce solicitors free advice

  13. A London based law firm. Our commitment to all of our clients is to
    provide them with efficient, instant, comprehensive & professional advice
    throughout their UK immigration matter, offering a personal touch and an
    assurance that you will be treated the way we would want to be treated.
    Contact one of our lawyers in our firm if you want to apply for further
    leave to remain, for permanent stay or to regularise your stay in the United Kingdom.
    We have extensive knowledge of dealing with all types of UK visa and immigration
    Divorce Lawyer in London

  14. Immigration law is a fast changing and constantly an evolving area of law,
    therefore in applying for family visa, work visa or skilled work visa etc,
    our Immigration lawyers at Maxlaw Solicitors in London, UK,
    can provide you with assistance and advice on all aspects of
    straight forward and complex cases. Contact one of our lawyers in our
    firm if you want to apply for further leave to remain,
    for permanent stay or to regularise your stay in the United Kingdom.
    We also advise those who live overseas and would like to migrate to UK on a temporary
    or on permanent basis.
    immigration lawyer hounslow west london

  15. When it involves juvenile court proceedings the parents can choose to hire a juvenile attorney but if they cannot afford to hire one the court will appoint a child advocate lawyer. These lawyers are trained in representing minors. legal consultant dubai

  16. You have given great content here.Divorce Lawyer Chalmette I am glad to discover this post as I found lots of valuable data in your article. Thanks for sharing an article like this.

  17. You are providing such an informative article here. You have described everything which is easily understandable to everyone. Keep sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.south carolina dui attorney

  18. This is really an amazing article. Thanks a lot for sharing a piece of wonderful information keep it up and best of luck for your future article and posts김제출장마사지

  19. You've supplied us with an interesting article. This is a fantastic resource for expanding your understanding of the subject. Thank you very much. elder law and medicaid planning

  20. You've provided quite good information here. This is fantastic since it expands our knowledge and is also beneficial to us. Thank you for sharing this piece of writing. friendswood lawyers

  21. This slot sport takes all the most effective features of “Goonies” and provides a spectacular rollercoaster ride that, for some, could end in beneficiant winnings. There is an array of symbols that provide awesome prizes should you get them on one of the 20 fixed paylines. In the case of desktop slots 텐벳 – you'll typically be able to|be capable of|have the flexibility to} play the vast majority of them out of your internet browser.

  22. He specializes in drafting tech, software, and SaaS contracts for entrepreneurs in the technology industry. Startup lawyer